Court-Appointed Guardians

When an adult becomes incapacitated to the point that he or she can no longer live alone safely and cannot provide for his or her own personal, medical, and/or financial needs, the courts may be asked to appoint a guardian to provide for the person. The process of establishing a guardianship is not one to be entered into lightly, but it is one that frequently causes great angst, bitterness, distress, and animosity – even when it is approached with the best of intentions and seems to be the only alternative available.

If it becomes necessary to seek a guardianship on behalf of a loved one, counsel is needed to guide you through the process, which may be (but is not always) lengthy and costly. The attorneys at Garg & Associates are experienced in helping clients establish guardianships, as well as helping them understand the practical, psychological, and financial realities of guardianship. The Garg & Associates attorneys are also experienced in advising clients on how to avoid the necessity of a guardianship and, also, how to ensure that, if a court eventually appoints a guardian, certain people are not appointed to serve as guardian.

We invite you to contact us for a consultation. Call Garg & Associates, PC at 281-362-2865 or complete our contact form.

firm info  |  practice areas  |  articles  |  faqs  |  blog  |  contact us  |  Site Map  |  resources  |   Find us on Google+   |   Log in

Garg & Associates, PC | 21 Waterway Avenue, Suite 300 | The Woodlands, Texas 77380 Please call 281-362-2865 | Fax: 866-743-4506
Serving The Woodlands, Spring, Houston, Conroe, Kingwood, Tomball, Cypress, Huntsville, Cleveland, Stafford, Montgomery County, Harris County, West Oaks, Memorial, Sugar
Land, River Oaks, Alief, Stafford, Missouri City, and Southwest Houston Texas.