Managing Inheritance Payments

For people who own a large estate, there is often a dilemma between giving your beneficiaries all the money you want them to have, but also making sure it is not squandered away when you are no longer there to help manage it responsibly. Fortunately, there are many options that you can use to help your children by leaving them with a substantial amount of money with strings attached.

If you are creating a will and need the counsel of a knowledgeable attorney to help you make informed choices, a Houston estate planning attorney of Garg & Associates, P.C., will help you. To speak with one of our experienced attorneys about creating an estate plan that works for you, contact our offices at 800-242-2151.

Options for Managing Payments to Your Beneficiaries

The following are some of the options available to you if you wish to avoid handing your inheritance over in one lump sum:

  • Put the money in a trust where decisions about the money are controlled by a qualified trustee whom you choose
  • Use a trust to have the money released in installments, either yearly or at certain ages
  • Avoid the legal fees by using an annuity to have the money released in installments
  • Use a trust to establish incentives. You can set up a trust that issues payments based on behavior, such as going to school or avoiding drug use

For more information about the different ways you can protect your beneficiaries from irresponsible spending, consult an experienced attorney.

Contact Us

The members of our legal team at Garg & Associates, P.C., are experienced and trustworthy estate planning attorneys. If you are looking for help with setting up a trust or inheritance plan for your children, contact a Houston wills attorney at 800-242-2151.

firm info  |  practice areas  |  articles  |  faqs  |  blog  |  contact us  |  Site Map  |  resources  |   Find us on Google+   |   Log in

Garg & Associates, PC | 21 Waterway Avenue, Suite 300 | The Woodlands, Texas 77380 Please call 281-362-2865 | Fax: 866-743-4506
Serving The Woodlands, Spring, Houston, Conroe, Kingwood, Tomball, Cypress, Huntsville, Cleveland, Stafford, Montgomery County, Harris County, West Oaks, Memorial, Sugar
Land, River Oaks, Alief, Stafford, Missouri City, and Southwest Houston Texas.