Military Power of Attorney

Before an individual departs for a tour of duty, they may want to grant a loved one power of attorney over their affairs. This can help to settle any legal disputes at home and keep estate concerns manageable. However, a soldier heading out for deployment needs to go through the proper legal process to ensure that this power of attorney will be legally valid and enforceable.

Contact the Houston wills and trusts lawyers of Garg & Associates, P.C., at 281-362-2865 for more information regarding your legal options in drafting military power of attorney or other special estate plan documents.

Establishing Military Power of Attorney

There is a large amount of tension when a person faces deployment, as they will be essentially away from their domestic life for an extended period of several months to more than a year. This can prove extremely problematic if a serious concern arises regarding a person’s property or estate plan. To plan ahead for these potential issues, a soldier should establish their power of attorney before deployment. The following steps can help establish this important legal power:

  • Select who should receive this legal power
  • Set a time limit to give up the power of attorney
  • Contact a legal advisor
  • Set up any special powers in the agreement
  • Sign off on the document before deployment begins

By following these steps, a soldier can avoid certain potential legal problems while he or she is on active duty or other deployment.

Contact Us

If you need assistance setting up a military power of attorney agreement, we can help. To learn more about your legal options with these documents, contact the Houston wills and trusts attorneys of Garg & Associates, P.C., by calling 281-362-2865.

firm info  |  practice areas  |  articles  |  faqs  |  blog  |  contact us  |  Site Map  |  resources  |   Find us on Google+   |   Log in

Garg & Associates, PC | 21 Waterway Avenue, Suite 300 | The Woodlands, Texas 77380 Please call 281-362-2865 | Fax: 866-743-4506
Serving The Woodlands, Spring, Houston, Conroe, Kingwood, Tomball, Cypress, Huntsville, Cleveland, Stafford, Montgomery County, Harris County, West Oaks, Memorial, Sugar
Land, River Oaks, Alief, Stafford, Missouri City, and Southwest Houston Texas.